Prince Andrew and Virginia Giuffre have reached a settlement in her sex abuse suit against him and will dismiss the case brought in Manhattan federal court.

The sum of the settlement will not be disclosed, according to court papers filed Tuesday. Giuffre and Prince Andrew will file a stipulation to dismiss the case within the next month, according to the court papers, which were filed jointly by both parties.

In an unsigned letter submitted as an attachment to the settlement filing, Andrew said he accepts Giuffre has suffered as an “established victim” of sex abuse but does not admit any wrongdoing.

“Prince Andrew has never intended to malign Ms. Giuffre’s character, and he accepts that she has suffered both as an established victim of abuse and as a result of unfair public attacks,” the letter states.

“It is known that Jeffrey Epstein trafficked countless young girls over many years. Prince Andrew regrets his association with Epstein, and commends the bravery of Ms. Giuffre and other survivors in standing up for themselves and others,” it adds.

The statement claimed Andrew will fight against the “evils” of sex trafficking and that he’ll make a substantial donation to Giuffre’s charity in support of victims. 

“He pledges to demonstrate his regret for his association with Epstein by supporting the fight against the evils of sex trafficking, and by supporting its victims,” it said.

Giuffre claimed in the suit that the embattled royal sexually abused her three times when she was a teen in London, New York and the US Virgin Islands.

Andrew had maintained his innocence.

In her suit, Giuffre claimed she was trafficked to Andrew by Epstein and his cohort Ghislaine Maxwell starting when she was 17 years old.

On one occasion, the suit claims she was forced to have sex with Andrew at Maxwell’s London townhouse.

“During this encounter, Epstein, Maxwell, and Prince Andrew forced Plaintiff, a child, to have sexual intercourse with Prince Andrew against her will,” the suit states.

In each of the three encounters, Giuffre claimed, she “feared death or physical injury to herself” if she did not comply with Maxwell and Epstein’s orders.

Royal sources told The Post Monday that Andrew was pressured by family members and palace courtiers to settle the suit. 

“Particularly with the Queen’s platinum jubilee in July, there was no way they wanted this hanging over the celebrations,” one palace insider said.

Buckingham Palace declined to comment. 

In a statement Monday, one of Giuffre’s attorneys, Sigrid McCawley, said she was pleased with the outcome. 

“As a managing partner at a firm that has from its beginning acted upon the belief that the law should be marshaled to bring justice to the most vulnerable, I can say, without hesitation, that our representation of survivors upholds that tradition,” McCawley said.

In January, a federal judge ruled the case could go to trial after Andrew had filed a motion to dismiss the suit.

Andrew had argued, in part, that a settlement agreement Giuffre inked with Epstein in 2009 barred her from bringing the civil suit against him. The argument was shot down by Judge Lewis Kaplan.

In an interview with the BBC, Giuffre’s attorney, David Boies, said in January that he did not think she would be interested in a strictly financial settlement.

“A purely financial settlement is not anything I think she is interested in,” he said.

Andrew has long denied the accusations made against him by Giuffre, including in a disastrous, televised interview with the BBC in 2019 — during which he claimed he couldn’t have abused her because he was unable to sweat.

Giuffre had previously said she remembered Andrew sweating on her as they danced at a London nightclub.

The longtime Epstein and Maxwell accuser has claimed the pair trafficked her across the globe to the pedophile financier’s wealthy friends. 

She did not testify at Maxwell’s highly publicized Manhattan federal court criminal trial last year, but prosecutors introduced evidence in the case that purported to show she had flown around the world with the couple on Epstein’s private jet. 

Maxwell was convicted on five of six counts at the trial – but the verdict was thrown into question after a juror revealed in a number of press interviews that he had been sexually abused as child. 

Maxwell’s attorneys have requested a new trial. A judge has not ruled on whether to grant her one. 

Epstein died in a Lower Manhattan jail cell in 2019 while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges. His death was ruled a suicide by the New York City Medical Examiner’s Office.

Original Article: https://nypost.com/2022/02/15/prince-andrew-settles-with-accuser-virginia-giuffre/?

One thought on “Prince Andrew Settles In Child Sex Case”

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.