(PartiallyPolitics.com) – Former President Donald Trump is celebrating the end of a subpoena that had been issued by the House January 6 committee. Trump maintains that he “did nothing wrong” and that he is not in any way responsible for the attack on the Capitol.

In a Truth Social post on Wednesday Trump posted his unsubstantiated claim that the FBI was in some way responsible for the 2020 elections being rigged against him. He also said the committee would “lose in Court” if they chose to further pursue the subpoena.

In the post, Trump wrote: “Was just advised that the Unselect Committee of political Thugs has withdrawn the Subpoena of me concerning the January 6th Protest of the CROOKED 2020 Presidential Election.”

He added that they were probably aware that he had not done anything wrong and that if they went to court they would love. He continued by writing, “perhaps the FBI’s involvement in RIGGING the Election played into their decision. In any event, the Subpoena is DEAD!”

The fact however is that the subpoena being withdrawn did not have something to do with the committee possibly taking the case to court. Instead, it was because the committee is being disbanded and the members have already had their last meeting and issued the final report on their investigation.

Committee chair Bennie Thompson in a letter to the law firm of Trump lawyer Harmeet Dhillon said that the committee had concluded its hearings and that their final report was released as the committee “will very soon reach its end.”

Copyright 2023, PartiallyPolitics.com